Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Graduation 2009

Graduation and mass for Opelousas Catholic School is Friday, May 15, at 7 PM with Bishop Michael Jarrell as the celebrant.

St. Landry Church Parishioners offer words of congratulation to all graduates – High school and College and University. While many times we focus on graduations as completion of study, let us see it as a commencement of activity. It begins a new aspect of life. It may be more school; it may be military service; it may be professional work. Graduation is the time to look ahead, seeing what we can do for society and for God. May God bless each and everyone with a sense of purpose and a strong desire to do God’s will.

We suggest each graduate pray the following prayer:

Dear Jesus, you have blessed me with many gifts. The gift of an education provides me the skills to be a better person and to advance toward a career and a vocation. Please help me do my best to always bring your values to my life’s activity. Please help me work for a better world, where you are the focus of life and work. Amen.

0 comments: