Sunday, February 21, 2010

Way of the Cross - Fridays, 6 PM, during Lent



St. Landry Catholic Church hosts the Way of the Cross at 6 PM each Friday during Lent. We use the prayers of St. Alphonsus Liguori. You can read the complete Way of the Cross at another website here. The stations in St. Landry Catholic Church are each over 6 feet tall and beautifully painted.

After the stations, we spend some time in Eucharistic adoration as well. It is a wonderful way to spend an hour on Fridays during Lent.

Pictured above is the Seventh Station, Jesus Falls the Second Time. Monsignor Romero referenced it and St. Alphonsus Liguori's prayer during his homily today.

My most gentle Jesus,
how many times You have forgiven me;
and how many times I have fallen again
and begun again to offend You!

By the merits of this second fall,
give me the grace to persevere
in Your love until death.

Grant, that in all my temptations,
I may always have recourse to You.
I love You, Jesus, my Love, with all my heart;
I am sorry that I have offended You.

Never let me offend You again.

Grant that I may love You always;
and then do with me as You will.

0 comments: