Friday, February 5, 2010

Readings and Themes for the Week of February 07, 2010

Readings for Faith Sharing
Week of February 07, 2010,
The Fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time

Reading I Isaiah 6:1-2a, 3-8
Her I am, send me!

Psalm 138
"In the sight of the angels I will sing your praises, Lord."

Reading II 1 Corinthians 15:1-11
I handed on to you what I received.

Gospel: Luke 5:1-11
They left everything, even their nets, and followed him.

THEME:

Let us preach the good news to all!

Today’s readings are all about responding to the presence of God. Isaiah, Paul, and Peter react in similar fashion to God’s presence. We believe that God comes to us when the sacred word is proclaimed. Let us respond to that living word with hearts filled with gratitude.

Questions of the week
Question for Children:
What can you do to help your friends and classmates know more about Jesus?

Question for Youth:
What can you do to help your friends and classmates know more about Jesus?

Question for Adults:
If you were going to pray for healing for any reason, what would it be?
What needs to be healed in our world and society?

0 comments: