Saturday, January 18, 2014

Corrace Hollier receives the Bishop's Medal and Service Award



January 16, 2014

Mr. Corrace Hollier
Opelousas, Louisiana

Dear Mr. Hollier:

With the recommendation of Father James Brady, I am very pleased to present to you the enclosed Bishop's Medal and Certificate. I am grateful for your devoted service to your Church and your community.

I have learned from Father Brady that you have been a life-long parishioner of St. Landry Church, and along with your wife, Hazel, have been active parishioners since the time of your marriage. At the current age of 93, you have served the parish as an usher since you were 21, for a total of some 72 years of service. To this day, you and your wife continue to attend the 4:00 p.m. Vigil Mass and you continue to serve as an usher. Your continuous and dedicated service for nearly three-quarters of a century to St. Landry Church is commendable and I gladly award you with the Bishop's Medal and Certificate. Father Brady will present the medal to you.

I offer you my gratitude and the gratitude of the whole Church in the Diocese of Lafayette for all you do for God and His people. You serve God with much dedication and love, and for this I am truly grateful to you.

May God continue to bless you and your family. With prayers for your good health and for all God's blessings, I am

Sincerely yours in our Lord,


Most Reverend Michael Jarrell
Bishop of Lafayette











0 comments: