Sunday, September 12, 2010

Grandparents' Day

Grandparents’ Day (September 12th) provides an opportunity to share special time, ask questions, hear stories, and gain a greater appreciation for the lives and contributions of earlier generations toward faith, family, and society. Time is a special gift to share in relationship with others. Offer a gift of your time this day.

Prayer for Grandparents

Dear God, please bless my grandparents.

Thank you for the life they gave my parents and for the life they give to me.

For the ways they helped me and made me strong, I give thanks.
For the ways they love me no matter what, I rejoice.
For the ways they have paved the road that leads me here, I am grateful.

Let them grow in wisdom and joy in life.
Let them find peace and rest from their work.
Let them be healed of every sickness and pain.
And let them see with their own eyes the glory of your Son,
Jesus, in the love of their children and grandchildren.

Bless them always until they come to rest in you.
We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

0 comments: