Friday, June 11, 2010

Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus

The Sacred Heart of Jesus from Valentin Chapel, donated by Nita Vandergriff David and Children

Today is the Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Below, you'll find instructions to pray the Chaplet of the Sacred Heart.

The Chaplet Of The Sacred Heart Of Jesus


On the Crucifix say:

Soul of Christ, sanctify me.

Body of Christ, save me.

Blood of Christ, inebriate me. Water from the side of Christ, wash me! Passion of Christ, strengthen me! O good Jesus, hear me. Within Your wounds, hide me. Permit me not be separated from You. From the malignant enemy, defend me. At the hour of death, call me and bid me come to You; that with Your Saints, I may praise You forever and ever. Amen.

On each of the large beads say:

Sacred Heart of Jesus, I implore that I may ever love You more and more. (say this once)

On each of the small beads say:

Sacred Heart of Jesus, I trust in You! (say this 10x)

At the end of each set of small beads say:

Sacred Heart of Jesus be my salvation! (say this once)

At the end of each decade:

Mary, Mother of God, be my love.

At the conclusion say:

May the Heart of Jesus in the Most Blessed Sacrament be blessed, adored and loved with grateful affection at every moment, in all the tabernacles of the world, even to the end of time. Amen.

0 comments: