Thursday, June 24, 2010

Bio of our Seminarian this summer, Alex Albert

Seminarian Alex Albert at Altar Server's Day Mass, Teurlings Catholic High School

Hello St. Landry Church. My name is Alexander Albert and I am the seminarian assigned to your parish for the summer. I just finished my first year at seminary and will be classified as a junior at St. Joseph Seminary College (a.k.a St. Ben’s) this fall.

I grew up in Kenner, La. which is just west of New Orleans. I have two brothers, one older and one younger. My parents are married and live in Semmes, just north of Mobile, Al. They moved there about a year after Katrina hit our home because my mother’s job relocated and offered incentives to pay for moving costs.

As for my education, I went to public school in Kenner until 5th grade, when I transferred to our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic School. From there I attended Archbishop Rummel High School. I graduated and went to UL where I majored in Middle School Education for three years. During that time I began to grow in my faith with guidance from Our Lady of Wisdom student center and eventually discerned the call to the priesthood. After finishing my junior year at UL, I transferred into St. Ben’s with enough credits to classify me as a sophomore there. Because Wisdom was so integral to my discernment, I decided to enter under the Diocese of Lafayette with Wisdom as my home parish.

I enjoyed my first year at seminary and should be ordained, God-willing, in about 6 years. I look forward to working in the parish and getting to know the community.

God Bless!

Alex Albert

0 comments: