Saturday, March 13, 2010

Year for Priests - 35th Anniversary of the Ordination of Monsignor J. Robert Romero

YEAR FOR PRIESTS
Faithfulness of Christ, faithfulness of priests

Sunday, March 14, 2010, in this Year of Priests, I celebrate my 35th Anniversary of ordination as a priest. Bishop Frey ordained me on March 14, 1975 at Our Lady of Fatima Church, Lafayette.

Others ordained with me as a priest were Father Mike Arnaud and Father Tom Finley. I am grateful God has called me to be a priest. I am grateful I am here at St. Landry Church. In this Year of Priests, may God strengthen all priests in his Church with an intense renewal of being Christ to the baptized, Christ as head of the Church. May God also make real in the life of the baptized an intense realization of being the Body of Christ to the world. May God bring together, the head, in his priests, and the body, in the baptized. So that the whole body of Christ – head and body - may grow in holiness and witness of Christ.

Monsignor J. Robert Romero


Happy anniversary, Monsignor, from your friends and the parishioners of St. Landry Catholic Church.

0 comments: