Sunday, December 25, 2016

Bulletin for the Week of December 25, 2016 and the Pastor's Corner

PASTOR’S CORNER:

Merry Christmas!! Today we begin our celebration of Christmas, and over the next 8 days celebrate the Octave of Christmas, which is a special eight day celebration of the Nativity of our Lord.  The octave ends on the Feast Day of Mary, the Mother of God (January 1st). Of course, we celebrate Christmas day in  a special way since we commemorate the day of the birth of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour.  We will continue to celebrate the Christmas Season until the celebration of the Baptism of the Lord, which this year is January 9, 2017.

Remember that much of the secular world will be finished with Christmas by tomorrow morning.  However, we continue to celebrate the Mystery of the Incarnation for more than two weeks. Our Blessed Mother reflected on the marvel of the Incarnation in her heart (Luke 2:19). So should we.

At this time of year, it is always good to give God thanks for the gifts he has given to us, the first and foremost being His Son, from whom all graces flow and who is the source of our salvation. We should also take into account the particular gifts we have received in the past year and thank God for them. Each and every one of us has at least been blessed with the gift of living another year here on earth, with the opportunity to grow in our knowledge and love of God.

In my case, there is the specific gift that St. Landry Church and its people have been to me. I want to thank all of you for your support of me in my vocation and as your pastor. The last six and a half years have been a joyful time for me, and I am lucky to be here. You have been supportive in every initiative we have undertaken, and have been patient with me when I make mistakes. I know that you have helped me to become a better priest and pastor. The longer I am here, my appreciation for God's gift of being a pastor here only deepens. I want to especially thank our staff, who have been absolutely wonderful in their help to me and our parish.

I also want to thank you for your generosity, especially over the last few weeks, not only in the Centennial Campaign, but in the cards, food, and the Christmas gifts you have dropped by the rectory.  Your outpouring has been both generous and humbling. I will try to thank you individually when we see each other. In the meantime, please know of my thanks and appreciation for the Christmas gifts and for all you have done for me and our parish!

Thanks again, and may God Bless you in this Christmas Season!!!

Fr. Brady



The bulletin for the week of December 25, 2016 has been posted. Click here to see it.

The calendar on the website has been updated with all events for the coming week along with prayer intention information and information on the second collection for all of the masses. Take some time to look at our calendar here.

Updates are also being made to our St. Landry Catholic Church blog. You can get to the blog from the church home page under the Bulletins and News section or you can just click here to go to it.

Don't forget, we're also sending out live updates via Twitter. Our Twitter name is StLandryCath. You can see updates by clicking here.

And we're also on Facebook --- friend us! You can see our updates on our page SaintLandryCatholicChurch.

0 comments: