Sunday, July 13, 2014

Bulletin for the week of July 13, 2014 and the Deacon's Corner

The Deacon’s Corner 

As most of you may already know, our pastor, Father James Brady is on a well deserved vacation.

As a young and irresponsible person, when my parents were away or when my boss was away, I would think that “when the cat’s away the mice will play” and then I would realize after a very short period of time how important they were in my life. How they would care for me, direct me by helping with life questions and giving me reassurances when I was in doubt. They were the rock that my house was built on.

Of course you and I are not young and irresponsible as we once were and already know the value of our Pastor. We see first hand how important he is to our spiritual well being. He truly is the shepherd of our parish. If not for our priest, there would be no mass and communion. There would be no sacrament of Confession and of course there would be no Anointing of the Sick. Without our priest we would be lost.

I was always taught that a good leader was one who could delegate authority well and diplomatically. Father Brady definitely does this. He has allowed all of his deacons the opportunity to exercise our ministry when needed. For me personally, he has afforded me the opportunity to visit the hospital and the nursing homes within and even outside our parish. He understands the importance of visiting the sick and the elderly. He understands the need for Outreach and that is to reach out to all peoples young and old, the healthy and the not so healthy. His goal, like most good Catholics, is to help others grow in their relationship with God. And we do this not only in what we say but in what we do and how we live our lives.

So Father Brady, enjoy your vacation and know that all of us at St. Landry Catholic Church truly appreciate you and are praying for you.

      May God bless you,

      Deacon Sammy Diesi

     Fr. James Brady
     
The bulletin for the week of July 13, 2014 has been posted. Click here to see it.

The calendar on the website has been updated with all events for the coming week along with prayer intention information and information on the second collection for all of the masses. Take some time to look at our calendar here.

Updates are also being made to our St. Landry Catholic Church blog. You can get to the blog from the church home page under the Bulletins and News section or you can just click here to go to it.

Don't forget, we're also sending out live updates via Twitter. Our Twitter name is StLandryCath. You can see updates by clicking here.

And we're also on Facebook --- friend us! You can see our updates on our page SaintLandryCatholicChurch.

0 comments: