Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Bulletin for the Week of June 30, 2013 - and the Pastor's Corner

The Pastor’s Corner 

This weekend brings an end and a beginning. Last week was the last week of my term as administrator at St. Peter's in Grand Prairie, so my work there comes to an end. St. Peter's new pastor, Fr. D. Blaine Clement, begins his service there Monday, July 1. Please keep him and the people of St. Peter's in your prayers for a smooth transition. Also on Monday, July 1, I begin my annual vacation, and will be out of the parish next weekend and the weekend of July 21/22 (I will be here the weekend of July 13/14). During the time of my absence, the parish will be sacramentally ministered by the capable hands of Msgr. Melancon and Fr. Leger. My heartfelt gratitude to them for taking on the extra duties in my absence.

Last weekend also marked the third anniversary of me being your pastor. As with any parish, we've had our joys and sorrows over the last three years, as well as our successes and bumps in the road. I want to thank all of you for making my job as pastor a joy. St. Landry has been a great blessing to me, and it is because of you. Your patience and support is very much appreciated, and you all have made me a better person and priest. Our parish has changed over this time, and my hope is that St. Landry as a community will continue to adapt to meet all your spiritual needs. Thanks again!

           God Bless!

           Father James Brady


The bulletin for the week of June 30, 2013 has been posted. Click here to see it.

The calendar on the website has been updated with all events for the coming week along with prayer intention information and information on the second collection for all of the masses. Take some time to look at our calendar here.

Updates are also being made to our St. Landry Catholic Church blog. You can get to the blog from the church home page under the Bulletins and News section or you can just click here to go to it.

Don't forget, we're also sending out live updates via Twitter. Our Twitter name is StLandryCath. You can see updates by clicking here.

And we're also on Facebook --- friend us! You can see our updates on our page SaintLandryCatholicChurch.

0 comments: