Saturday, January 9, 2010

Forming Good Stewards


“You are my beloved Son, with you I am well pleased.”
Luke 3:15-16, 21-22

Those are the words that a voice from heaven spoke after Jesus convinced John to baptize him in the Jordan River.

Imagine how we would feel if a voice from heaven said to us, as we stood among our family and friends, and even our enemies, "You are my beloved child, with you I am well pleased.”

We may not be standing in the Jordan River with John the Baptist pouring water over us, but we, who are baptized Catholics, are “children of God”. To the extent that we are doing our best to be all that God created us to be, to identify, accept, develop, and use all of the talents, abilities, and gifts that God has given to us for ourselves and for others, we can be sure that God is well pleased with us.

AND, if we are good stewards of our prayer life and truly listen to God’s will for us, we may not hear his voice with our ears, but we will know in our hearts that God is saying to us: You are my beloved child, with you I am well pleased.”

0 comments: